Friday, September 10, 2010

An Award, For Me, Really?!

Donell at Sheshapesup bestowed the "Versatile Blogger" award meme to Auntie K’s Garden. The rules of the award meme require me to mention the awarding blogger, tell you seven (7) things about myself, and then nominate 7 other blogs for the award. Nominating the blogs will be easy. I have so many favorites I can hardly keep up! I’m not very good at talking about myself, though. Yes. I know. I reveal bits about myself in various blog entries, but this will be like a seven-course meal of all me. But, those are the rules, so here goes:

  1. I’m a first-born, a Capricorn, and a Norwegian. Some people have told me that’s the trifecta of overachievers.
  2. I belong to three book groups: One with my neighbors, one with the senior high girls at my church, and one with a group of mostly lawyers. (I’m not one.)
  3. Saturday mornings are my Sabbath time. I take Monty for a walk and then drink an entire pot of coffee – reading or writing whatever, until the coffee is gone. Then, and only then, do I do actual work.
  4. I was an English major when Computer Science and Information Technology were the popular (and guaranteed to make you a million) programs. Many friends scoffed at my choice, but 30 years later, I still have a job in my chosen field.
  5. I love baseball – especially Little League. I’m the scorekeeper for both nephews’ teams. It’s a rare occasion when I miss one of their games.
  6. I celebrate all 12 days of Christmas. I put my tree up on the first day of Advent and take it down on Epiphany/the Twelfth Night.
  7. I met my closest friends when I was a synchronized swimmer in Junior High School. We’ve laughed and cried together more times than I can count since then. I love them like sisters.

Okay. Each of blogs/bloggers on my list has encouraged and/or shaped Auntie K's Garden. I'm grateful for their support:

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Synchronized swimming! wow, that's a surprise. Don't know that I'll be able to offer anything as interesting but I'll see what I can come up with. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails